By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs City Commissioner Dan Daley has just been appointed to serve as chair on the Urban Administration Committee for the Florida League of Cities.
Appointed by President Matt Surrency, Daley said the Urban Administration Committee is one of the policy committees of the FLC. However, instead of having a specific topic that they address like the environment, tax and finance, the Urban Administration Committee is the catch-all, which covers issues that either don’t fit into a specific category, or fit in more than one.
“For example, in year’s past we have advocated for legislation relating to sober homes, vacation rentals, red light cameras and medical marijuana.” he said. “They tend to be the more interesting topics that can have varying impacts on cities across the state.”
Legislative Policy Committee chairs, vice-chairs and members are appointed annually by the League president. Any city official is eligible to serve on a Policy Committee, and appointments are typically based upon a city official’s support and advocacy of the League’s adopted Legislative Action Agenda, participation at meetings, Legislative Action Day and other legislative-related activities.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event