By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Coral Springs business owner is recovering from injuries suffered after a viscous attack in which a robber stomped on her head according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
The victim, 44-year-old Thanh Lam of Coral Springs, is recovering at Broward Health North, though her injuries are severe.
Robbery detectives are searching for the violent assailant who stomped repeatedly on the head of a woman Wednesday morning during a robbery, leaving her unconscious and bloody on the floor of the Pompano Beach coin laundry she owns with her husband.
At 8:45 a.m. Wednesday, a regular customer walked into the Sunnyside Coin Laundry and found Lam on the floor. He soon realized her assailant was still there, in a small closet behind the victim. The tall, slim criminal told the customer he had a gun and said not to come near him. He jumped over Lam’s body and ran out the back door. He appeared to be in his early 20s and wore all black. It’s unclear what, if anything, he stole.
Surveillance video obtained from a nearby Hess gas station shows someone matching that description at the gas station a few minutes after the crime. The man on the video, who wore all black, asked the clerk for the restroom key and talked on a cell phone while he waited for it. Then someone in a small, green SUV picked him up.
Anyone with information about the person of interest is asked to contact Detective Victor Carrasquillo at (954) 321-4270 or report anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.16Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship Applications Open to 5 High Schools
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.13U.S. Rep Deutch Calls on Pence to Activate 25th Amendment
- News2021.01.13City Reminds Residents Coral Square Vaccination Site is by Appointment Only