By: Sharon Aron Baron
Residents driving around Coral Springs may have recently noticed the beautiful artwork covering the traffic signal boxes. What they may not realize is that this beautification project didn’t cost taxpayers a dime.
Currently in six locations, the City’s Public Art Committee went through a bid process to select six visual artists to display their artwork on the existing traffic signal boxes at select intersections throughout the city.
“This project is part of the Public Art Committee’s goal to beautify the city,” said Laura Atria a Public Art Consultant and Administrator for the City of Coral Springs. “Vinyl wraps like these not only bring art to the residents and visitors, but also help reduce blight and graffiti.”
Installation was completed the first week in September and the Public Art Committee hopes to receive comments on the program to decide whether to expand it to other parts of the city.
No tax dollars were used towards the installation of the artwork. Funds from an impact fee is paid by those developing or redeveloping within the city which is then slated for the Public Art Fund.
Works of Art/Artist/Location:
“Facets of Freedom” by Carrie Bennett at Coral Ridge Dr. and Sample Rd.
“Feathered Pink” by Tiffany Beasi at Coral Ridge Dr. and Atlantic Blvd.
“Coral Springs Covered Bridge” by Carlos Inocente Gonzalez at Coral Hills Dr. and Sample Rd.
“Painted Bunting” by Lindy Hammond at Coral Springs Dr. and Sample Rd.
“Sunset Heron” by Kirsten Hines at Coral Springs Dr. and Sample Rd.
“Garden Dance” by Natasha Bacca at Coral Springs Dr. and Atlantic Blvd.
“Garden Delight” by Natasha Bacca at Coral Springs Dr. and Atlantic Blvd.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.02.27Arson, Burglary, and Battery, This Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2021.02.26Dr. Andrea Pryce Selected as Operations Manager for the Coral Springs Regional Institute of Public Safety
- Crime & Safety2021.02.26FOUND: Parkland Teen Missing after Disagreement at Home
- News2021.02.25Congress Reintroduce Bipartisan EAGLES Act Mass Violence Prevention Bill