By Ryan Yousefi
There’s a new fried chicken restaurant coming to town. This time, however, it may be one you haven’t yet heard of.
Krispy Krunchy Chicken — a Louisiana-based Cajun fried chicken restaurant — is getting ready to open a new location at 7811 West Sample Road. Many will recognize this location as a former Subway restaurant turned 7-24 Sun Mart.
Krispy Krunchy Chicken’s are typically located inside of gas stations or convenience stores. Their strategy has helped the KKC become one of the fastest-growing quick-service restaurants in the country — as evidenced by their massive footprint in Florida with over 87 locations. With over 2,500 retail locations in 47 states, KKC can be found as close as North Lauderdale and Tamarac.
For those who aren’t familiar with the chain, a glance over their menu reveals much of what you might expect from a Cajun-inspired fried chicken restaurant — chicken and biscuits. There are also unfamiliar items like Boudin Bites, which is a rice and pork mixture that is blended with Cajun seasonings, then rolled, battered, and fried.
KKC also offers a full breakfast menu that includes empanadas, blueberry biscuits, breakfast burritos, and chicken tender biscuits. Seafood options such as fried shrimp and Cajun-style fish are also on the menu.
Coral Springs Talk visited the space to check how close they seem to be to opening, and it’s clear, while renovations to the existing space are underway, a grand opening is just around the corner.
Update: Krispy Krunchy Chicken is now open.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- News2020.11.27Coral Springs Man Arrested For Sexually Assaulting Homeless Woman
- News2020.11.27Coral Springs Covid-19 Cases Continue to Rise Through November 26
- News2020.11.25Coral Springs Covid-19 Case Update through November 24
- News2020.11.25Man Arrested For Domestic Violence; Firing Gun into Coral Springs Residence