By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coral Springs wants to make sure residents are safe from Covid-19 and following Broward County orders in effect on Friday.
All residents and businesses are reminded by the city that proper personal hygiene, safe social distancing and the use of face coverings are essential in preventing community spread of the virus.
Businesses and establishments who fail to comply with mandated sanitization, social distancing, facial coverings, and all other requirements outlined in previous Broward County Emergency Orders and are issued a citation are required to:
- Immediately close for a minimum 24-hour period.
- Reopening after 24 hours will be permitted only if the establishment conducts a thorough review of the applicable Emergency Orders, and all necessary measures are taken to bring the establishment into compliance. The owner, general manager, or chief executive officer of the establishment submits a sworn statement that they have reviewed the applicable Emergency Orders and email the statement to Broward County at [email protected].
- After the attestation is received and accepted, local code enforcement or law enforcement authorities will inspect the establishment within five calendar days after reopening, to confirm the establishment is compliant and the violation has been corrected.
- Establishments with repeat violations are subject to fines up to $15,000.
As the cases of COVID-19 continue to rise, businesses and residents must follow all CDC guidelines and adhere to Emergency Orders.
To report a non-compliant business, residents are encouraged to report via Broward County online or call the Broward County Call Center at 311 or 954-831-4000. Both types of reports can be made anonymously.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Crime & Safety2021.03.05No Injuries Reported After Firefighters Quickly Put Out Fire in Coral Springs Home
- Events2021.03.05Next Stop Broadway is Back with Singing, Dancing, and Acting Classes March – May 2021
- Events2021.03.04Coral Springs Residents May Qualify for Free Tax Help Through Broward Tax Pro
- News2021.03.03School Duel Features Coral Glades High School in Quiz Show