By: Sharon Aron Baron
Whether she’s volunteering for Feeding South Florida or Women in Distress, Coral Springs resident Sandra York steps up to the plate.
Giving back is central to York’s core values. A resident since 1999, she is a Navy Veteran, a single mom of two boys and caretaker of a mom with both Parkinson’s disease and dementia. Not only does she work as a transportation manager Miami Lakes-based LogistiCare, a medical transportation company, she also finds the time to give back to her community.
York rallies her team at LogistiCare to participate in various community initiatives throughout South Florida, including feeding the hungry at the Miami Rescue Mission, Feeding South Florida and Women in Distress, as well as organizing the company’s team for the Miami Kidney Walk of the National Kidney Foundation.
“I always give 100 percent in everything I do,” said York. “I believe if you give it your all, all of the time, you will be truly fulfilled.”
Sandra’s passion and dedication overflow into every area of her life, so much so, her direct reports, peers, and clients cannot ignore the lasting impact she has on their daily lives.
Scott Hartsfield, Florida Blue Consultant, Medicare Management said, that whether she’s working alongside her team or making sure their needs as a client are met, her level of service extends beyond the ordinary.
“She not only makes sure the transportation providers are performing at a high service level, but she also makes sure the patient’s well-being is a top priority. Sandra’s relentless commitment to improve the lives of others is truly admirable.”
York said it was important to make a lasting impact in the lives of her team, our clients, providers, patients, and the community at large.
“I feel like I am wasting my time if I am not doing something to help other people in need,” said York. “If I can make one person’s life a little bit easier – it brings me joy.”
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- EventsMarch 1, 2024Laugh Out Loud with Comedian Ilana Glazer; Broad City Star Heads to Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 29, 2024Broward Health Coral Springs Welcomes Rare Leap Day Baby
- EventsFebruary 29, 2024Sawgrass Nature Center Hosts Family-Friendly “Spring into Spring” Event
- EventsFebruary 27, 2024Earn Service Hours During the 47th Annual Waterway Cleanup in Coral Springs