By Sharon Aron Baron
Every week we receive a message from our readers asking when the next Shred-A-Thon will take place.
We now have information from the City of Coral Springs that it will take place on Saturday, July 25, 2020.
The Coral Springs Police Department, in partnership with SafeGuard Document Destruction, will resume the crime prevention program, Shred-A-Thon, which helps identity theft, by properly disposing of information-sensitive documents.
The free, touch-less document shredding event is for. All residents will be required to place their drivers’ licenses on the front dashboard upon arrival to the event. Residents should be aware; there is a limit of four file size cardboard boxes or reusable bins per vehicle, plastic/garbage bags will not be accepted.
Boxes and bins cannot be larger than 15x12x10 and must be in the trunk or in an area easily accessible to ensure no interaction with event staff –(no walk-up shredding available.
For this event, they will not accept additional boxes for a donation to our community programs. Residents must ensure there is no trash or other items such as plastic or metal rings, bingers, or clamps in boxes.
The Shred-A-Tho is a first-come-first-serve event; once the truck reaches capacity, no additional paperwork will be accepted.
Held from 9 to 11 a.m. for city residents only at the Sportsplex located at 2575 Sportsplex Drive. In the event of inclement weather, the event will be rescheduled for a later date.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.30New Covid-19 Testing Site in Coral Springs Offers 2 Types of Detection
- News2020.11.29Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.29Popular ‘Bethlehem Revisited’ Event Canceled Due to Covid-19
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1