By: Chris Brunner
An accident on Sunday night in Coral Springs caused the death of a father and the hospitalization of his son.
At 8:20 p.m. on Sunday, a 1998 Toyota Camry driven by Guillermo Gomez, 40 years old, was heading northbound on the 2700 block University Drive when he lost control and then struck and jumped the median, striking a tree with the front passenger side of the vehicle.
The father, Luis Gomez, 76, who was in the passenger seat was pronounced dead at the scene and the driver was transported to Broward Health North.
According to Coral Springs Police Sgt. Carla Kmiotek, the accident is still under investigation and they have not ruled out whether speed or alcohol was a contributing factor. Both father and son were from Coral Springs she said.
This article will be updated after the investigation.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- Events2019.08.20Earn Service Hours: Volunteers Needed to Help Beautify Coral Springs
- News2019.07.21U.S. Department of Commerce Awards Coral Springs $2.8 Million Grant
- Events2019.07.17Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 20 Amazing Shows and Concerts
- Events2019.07.16Next Stop Broadway’s Teen Theatre Project Presents ‘Chicago’