By: Sharon Aron Baron
A man who was attending a party this weekend in a Coral Springs home was shot during a fight.
Police responded to a home in the 2600 block of 123rd Terrace in the Applewood community at 10:17 p.m. on Saturday night in reference to a report of a shooting. Upon their arrival, multiple vehicles were observed leaving the neighborhood, and a large group of people were standing in the front yard and street surrounding the residence.
According to the police report, a perimeter was established and people in the area were moved out of the crime scene and detained by officers to be identified and interviewed as to their involvement in the incident.
While they were on the scene, officers received a call from Broward Health Coral Springs advising them that three black males dropped off a subject, later identified as Tyler Graham, 20, of North Lauderdale at the emergency room with a gunshot wound to his right thigh.
Homeowner Mitchell Harvey, who was hosting the party in the backyard of his home gave police information into what transpired: he said a fight broke out, and that he had heard several gunshots and observed people running from the area. He provided police with video from his home surveillance system which showed a fight break out near the DJ table involving several people. The gunfire appeared to be coming from directly below the camera just north of the DJ table. Michael Edward, the disc jockey working the party, and Eddie Everson, Edwards’ associate, are shown on the video appearing to be located between the physical fight in the area where the gunshots originated from. Contact was made with Eddie Everson, but he did not provide any specific information regarding the identity of the shooter.
The victim, Graham, advised Coral Springs Police that he would not prosecute or participate with any investigation regarding the incident.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.13U.S. Rep Deutch Calls on Pence to Activate 25th Amendment
- News2021.01.13City Reminds Residents Coral Square Vaccination Site is by Appointment Only
- News2021.01.13Coral Springs Resident Named Board Chair of Children’s Harbor