By: Sharon Aron Baron
A boy who had accidentally left his iPhone on the counter of Dick’s Sporting Goods in Coral Springs had it unexpectedly returned to him today.
On November 28, Iriak Delgado’s 11 year-old son accidentally left his iPhone near the firearm’s area between 1:30 and 2:00 p.m while the boy was looking at frisbees nearby. After they discovered it missing, he called and texted the phone, but realized it was quickly shut off. So Delgado approached the store manager who wouldn’t let him see surveillance footage, so he contacted Coral Springs police who was also denied access to it.
He shut the phone off and believed the phone was long gone, until today when the parents told Coral Springs Talk that the Regional Manager of Dick’s Sporting Goods reviewed the surveillance and discovered that the person that took the iPhone was at that same counter applying for gun license.
Through the work of Detective Wontock, she was able to track down the person who “picked up” the phone. She called that person who told her that he planned on turning it in, and agreed to return the phone to Dick’s.
The phone was returned, and now Iriak Delgado has it in his possession.
Said the mother, Jackie Torres, “We did get the phone back, and we have decided not to press charges. Dick’s Regional Manager donated a $100 gift card that we donated to the Coral Springs Police Department’s Shop with a Cop Christmas program.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive
- News2020.09.14Service Hours Offered for Students at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution
- News2020.09.13Battery, Burglary, and Baker Acts, Reported by Coral Springs Police