By: Sharon Aron Baron
Holiday travelers and visitors to the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport are in for a treat when they will hear music performed by over 1,400 Broward County Public Schools music and performing arts students at this year’s Winter Festival of Music.
The festival, now in its 28th year, takes place Monday, December 7 through Friday, December 11, 2015. Performances are scheduled each day from 9 a.m. – noon. Choirs, bands, ensembles and dancers from 30 elementary, middle and high schools will make holiday traveling more enjoyable for passengers during this busy holiday season. Students will perform throughout airport terminals in the baggage claim, ticket counter and rental car lobby areas.
This year, Forest Hills Elementary Chorus will be performing on December 7, in Terminal One by the rental car lobby. On Tuesday, December 8, Sawgrass Springs Middle School Orchestra will be performing at Terminal One at the rental car lobby. On Friday, December 11, Coral Springs Middle School Jazz Band will be performing at the Terminal Two baggage claim. All performances will take place from 9 a.m. to noon.
“We’re very proud of our longstanding partnership with the Broward County Aviation Department and the opportunity this annual event provides for our talented students and travelers alike,” said Joseph Luechauer, BCPS music and performing arts supervisor. “Passengers often join our students in singing and dancing, and even a few lucky ones are given the baton to become guest conductor.”
For a complete schedule of participating schools and performances, visit browardschools.com.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.27Sawgrass Nature Center Holds 4th Annual Orchid Festival
- News2020.11.26City Distributes 350 Thanksgiving Turkeys to Coral Springs Residents in Need
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students