By: Sharon Aron Baron
The “Filter Bandit” strikes again. This time he decided to hit the same bank he robbed back in June.
At 5:37 p.m. on Friday, an armed robber entered the SunTrust Bank branch, 9501 Wiles Road demanding money from a bank employee. According to the FBI, there were no shots fired and no injuries. Customers were in the bank at the time of the robbery and the amount of money taken will not be released at this time. It is believed that the getaway car was a gray Toyota Corolla.
Back on June 9, we reported that the suspect known as the “Filter Bandit,” who typically wears a dust filter mask along with dark-colored pants and a dark-colored hooded sweatshirt, struck the exact same bank along with others in Plantation, Tamarac, Davie and another in Coral Springs during 2015 and 2016.
If anyone has information as to the identity of this bank robber, they are urged to call the FBI at (754) 703-2000 or Crimestoppers. The FBI is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.27Sawgrass Nature Center Holds 4th Annual Orchid Festival
- News2020.11.26City Distributes 350 Thanksgiving Turkeys to Coral Springs Residents in Need
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students