By: Jen Russon
Halloween turned out to be a soggy affair, with Coral Springs Police issuing a flash flood warning from 2:30 p.m. through 4 p.m. on Saturday.
Heavy flooding was reported in south Coral Springs after thunderstorms dumped between 2 and 7 inches of rain on Broward County.
“There have been reports of flooding in residential areas near Royal Palm and Riverside as well as other areas within the city. We are encouraging residents, especially encountering floods in residential and commercial areas, to proceed with caution,” said police.
Low lying areas in Coral Springs that are flooded, include neighborhoods and businesses in Maplewood and Forest Hills, specifically NW 21st Street and NW 85th Way in the southeastern part of the city.
More thunderstorms are expected tomorrow.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at the imprint www.swallowpublishing.com. She lives in Coral Springs with her family.
- News2021.03.05‘Slice of the Springs’ Answers Questions on Every Resident’s Mind
- News2021.03.04Man Brought Back from Brink of Death by Doctors at Broward Health Coral Springs
- Events2021.02.28‘Taking Care of the Environment Builds a Sense of Community’ Says Former Mayor During Service Project
- Crime & Safety2021.02.25Coral Springs Resident Behind Safety Town Gets Building Named After Her