By: Sharon Aron Baron
Must be good to be the
king. I mean the former Mayor of Coral Springs.
At the annual Pinktober Spaghetti Dinner on Saturday night, former Mayor Roy Gold couldn’t park way out in the sticks and walk like the rest of us commoners. No, Gold made his very own spot right in front of the police station because after all, he was a former mayor, and dammit, why should he risk getting his Jaguar XJ door pinged, even worse, have to walk?
I’m not complaining that the former Mayor has one expensive ride, but we’re talking the “Environmental Mayor” here. This is the guy that sits on the Neighborhood and Environmental Committee, Adopt A Mile, Adopt A Street, Broward Beautiful, Broward Waterway Cleanup and he’s driving this gas-guzzler that gets 15 MPG in the city.
Hey Roy, I’d figure an environmentalist like you would be driving something a little more, well…better for the environment.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.04.18Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Pompano Beach
- Events2021.04.18No-Appointment Needed Vaccination Sites Offered at 9 Broward County Locations
- Events2021.04.18Coral Springs Celebrates EarthFest 2021 and Street Clean Up
- Events2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20