By: Sharon Aron Baron
The students at Coral Springs Charter School were one of hundreds of high schools around the country that competed in the “Roar with Katy Perry” contest and unfortunately, didn’t win but watch the video above for their fantastic effort.
The winning school was Lakewood High in Colorado (see below) who won a Katy Perry concert in their auditorium which was broadcast live on Good Morning America on October 25.
“It was thousands of kids coming together to ‘Roar’ and that’s what this competition means to me,” Perry told GMA.
Considering the school’s mascot is a tiger, it was a good choice.
Lakewood’s clip, which went viral, was filmed in a single take and was an elaborately choreographed affair involving the entire student body. Their video beat out four other high schools from Ohio, Texas, Nevada and Arizona for the honor of hosting this special concert which happened to be Katy Perry’s birthday gig.
“So many different high schools came together and I was truly touched. Emotionally, I laughed, I cried. I was blown away by some of the creativity. There were so many different variations and I appreciated all of them,” Perry said.
The winning video by Lakewood High School shown here was filmed in one continuous take and featured every single student in the high school.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.04.18Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Pompano Beach
- Events2021.04.18No-Appointment Needed Vaccination Sites Offered at 9 Broward County Locations
- Events2021.04.18Coral Springs Celebrates EarthFest 2021 and Street Clean Up
- Events2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20