In honor of the many veterans that live in our community as well as the 50th Anniversary of the city, there will be several special activities planned for the upcoming Veterans Day weekend.
Beginning on Saturday, November 9, the Military Debt Management Agency will be hosting its First Annual Veterans Day Charity Golf Tournament. Shotgun starts at 1 p.m. at The Country Club of Coral Springs. Cost is $150 per person or $500 per foursome. Fees also include a cookout luncheon and an Italian buffet dinner. Proceeds will benefit Operation Homefront, which provides emergency financial assistance to the families of our service members and wounded warriors. For more information on the Golf Tournament, contact email@example.com.
On Monday, November 11, bring your family, friends and neighbors, and join us for the City’s annual Veterans Day Ceremony at Veterans Park at 10:30 a.m. Wear your patriotic colors and support those who served our country. The ceremony will include speeches by veterans and politicians, a 21-gun salute, placing of a wreath and raising of the military and United States flags. The park is located at 8601 Royal Palm Blvd., just east of University Drive.
Later that evening, there will be a memorable Veterans Salute at The Country Club of Coral Springs. Starting at 6 p.m., there will be a free “evening under the stars” for a program and featured performances by Susan Ashley and the J.P. Taravella Band. This will be an unforgettable night in honor of those brave men and women who have fought for our country. There will be food and beverage vendors on site, so please refrain from bringing coolers and pets. All proceeds from food sales will also benefit Operation Homefront.
Limited parking starting at 5:15 p.m. will be available at The Country Club of Coral Springs,10800 W. Sample Road. If additional parking is needed, there will be a shuttle lot from the Coral Springs Gymnasium grass lot, 2501 Coral Springs Drive.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.22MD NOW in Coral Springs Now Offering Free Flu Shots
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses