By: Sharon Aron Baron
Viewing and funeral services for Gina Rose Montalto will be held on Monday and Tuesday.
Gina, 14, of Parkland, was a member of the winter guard on Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School’s state-champion marching band. Her mother Jennifer said she was a smart, loving girl who was a girl scout and an active member of her church. She was a talented artist who illustrated for a local magazine. She enjoyed volunteering and loved children and loved to cook with her father Anthony and her grandmother, especially during the holiday season.
She was an avid reader and loved Harry Potter books, Hunger Games and Wonder Woman. She loved fashion and enjoyed shopping, spa days with Mom and NY Jets games with her father. She played soccer and flag football in the local recreational leagues. She always earned the highest grades in school and had a bright future ahead of her. She was best buddies with her little brother and she loved her whole family especially all her cousins.
Her mother said that Gina was in study hall when the shooter attacked the school. She was last seen by a witness sitting in the hallway of the first floor freshman building studying, likely trying to find a peaceful area away from the noise of the classroom.
Monday, February 19
The viewing will take place at Kraeer Funeral Home from 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. located at 1655 University Drive Coral Springs, FL.
Tuesday, February 20
The Funeral Service will be held at 10:30 a.m. at Mary Help of Christians Catholic Church 5980 N. University Dr. Parkland FL. Commitment will be at 12:15 p.m. at Our Lady Queen of Heaven 1500 South State Road 7 North Lauderdale FL, and a Celebration of Life will be held at 2:00 p.m. at the Plaza Del Lago Heron Bay North Clubhouse 11535 Osprey Trail Parkland FL.
To honor her memory the family has set up a scholarship fund to help students with the cost of secondary education. Gofundme.com/ginamontalto
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving
- News2020.11.16Coral Springs Police and Dispatch Receive National Re-Accreditation