By: Jen Russon
Country Hills Elementary School, an A-rated Broward County Public School, will open its doors this February to offer future kindergartners and their families a chance to tour the campus.
Offering Pre-K and kindergarten through fifth grade, the school has a student-teacher ratio of 17-to-1 and has picked up prestigious educational awards for decades.
Country Hills has also been the recipient of the Golden School Award for the past 21 years, an accolade bestowed by the Florida Department of Education to schools with excellent volunteer programs.
According to state test scores reported on Niche, 78 percent of students at Country Hills are proficient in math and 76 percent at reading.
Principal Nicole Ortega said her school has made extraordinary gains in the 2019/2020 school year and is eager to usher in kindergarteners who represent the class of 2033. The tour is also a chance to meet the kindergarten teachers and learn more about clubs, such as “Books for Cooks” with Mrs. Bush.
There will also be registration packets available, so parents can expedite the process of becoming part of the school’s Panthers family.
The Country Hills tour is scheduled for Wednesday, February 12, at 6:15 p.m. at 10550 Westview Drive.
- Jen Russon is a freelance writer and English Language Arts teacher. She has published two novels to Amazon Kindle and lives in Coral Springs with her family.
- News2020.05.19Marcel the Cookie Man to his Friends in Coral Springs: ‘Thank You… I Love You all’
- News2020.05.13Community Rallies around Beloved Sweet Tomatoes Server after Restaurant Closes
- News2020.05.07Panthers Softball Team Thanks Frontline Heroes in Heartwarming Video
- News2020.05.07Forest Glen Teachers Honored with ‘Teacher Appreciation’ Lunch