By: Jen Russon
Every hour, piles of trash pour into Coral Springs recycling plants. This week at Cypress Hall, the Garden Club will host a meeting to educate residents on which types of presumed recyclable materials should be going there.
Program Speaker, Lynne Martzall, who is the Director of Communications & Marketing for the City of Coral Springs, is scheduled to present an informative talk at the event.
Garden Club President, Marcy DiMare believes people who attend will be amazed by how much they will learn. Adding that residents of the city receive so much more from an organization when they become involved,
She encouraged the public to take part in the different chairmanships and decisions taking place at the next Garden Club meeting this week.
DiMare said they would be discussing nominations for members to fill the Board of Director’s positions for the upcoming seasons of 2020 – 2022.
Planning for the annual fundraiser, “Gardenfest Coral Springs,” is also on the meeting agenda. New and future members, as well as curious guests, are all welcome to attend. Refreshments will be served.
The Garden Club meeting is Thursday, February 13, from 10 a.m. to 12 noon at 1300 Coral Springs Drive.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at the imprint www.swallowpublishing.com. She lives in Coral Springs with her family.
- News2021.01.19Activists Want City to Reconsider Removal of Basketball Courts from Park
- News2021.01.17Soccer Event Honoring Memory of Coral Springs Teen Raises Over $1,200
- News2021.01.13Coral Springs Family Grateful to Make-a-Wish for ‘Making a Dream Come True’
- News2021.01.08Teachers Set to Return to Classrooms Monday as Health Accommodations Expire