By: Sharon Aron Baron
Each year Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida provides financial assistance to disadvantaged girls across a six-county service area to pay for their first-year membership dues and afford them the life-changing opportunity to be Girl Scouts.
The number of girls the organization is able to serve through this program is dependent upon funding through both private donations and grants.
This year, the Financial Assistance program at Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida has been partially funded by a $500 grant awarded by the Coral Springs Community Chest to provide new girls the Girl Scout experience in Coral Springs. This is part of $6,400 the Community Chest has awarded over the years to the Girl Scouts.
“The goal of the Coral Springs Community Chest is to support nonprofits that support members of our community,” said Community Chest Funding Chair Claudette Bruck. “We recognize the Girls Scouts as a wonderful opportunity for young girls to learn leadership and community service and are pleased to provide support.”
Girl Scouts have unique advantages to take part in hands-on learning experiences in areas such as STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math), the outdoors, entrepreneurship, healthy living, environmental stewardship, and so much more.
Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida is looking forward to welcoming new girls from Coral Springs to the Girl Scout family to have all these experiences and more thanks to the funding received from Coral Springs Community Chest.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.06.23New Religious School Director Joins Temple Beth Orr in Coral Springs
- Events2021.06.22Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event
- Events2021.06.22Ticket Alert: Comedian Steven Wright Performs at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.06.18Volunteers Needed for Coral Springs Drive Clean-Up Day June 26