By: Sharon Aron Baron
Each year Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida provides financial assistance to disadvantaged girls across a six-county service area to pay for their first-year membership dues and afford them the life-changing opportunity to be Girl Scouts.
The number of girls the organization is able to serve through this program is dependent upon funding through both private donations and grants.
This year, the Financial Assistance program at Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida has been partially funded by a $500 grant awarded by the Coral Springs Community Chest to provide new girls the Girl Scout experience in Coral Springs. This is part of $6,400 the Community Chest has awarded over the years to the Girl Scouts.
“The goal of the Coral Springs Community Chest is to support nonprofits that support members of our community,” said Community Chest Funding Chair Claudette Bruck. “We recognize the Girls Scouts as a wonderful opportunity for young girls to learn leadership and community service and are pleased to provide support.”
Girl Scouts have unique advantages to take part in hands-on learning experiences in areas such as STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math), the outdoors, entrepreneurship, healthy living, environmental stewardship, and so much more.
Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida is looking forward to welcoming new girls from Coral Springs to the Girl Scout family to have all these experiences and more thanks to the funding received from Coral Springs Community Chest.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video