By: Sharon Aron Baron
Thanks to a one concerned neighbor, a puppy’s life has been saved, and an animal abuser is behind bars.
On Friday, Coral Springs Police Officers were dispatched to 7500 block of NW 44th Court after receiving a 911 call where they neighbor said she was concerned after hearing a dog being thrown against a wall. “The guy’s killing the dog. He’s throwing the dog against the wall like he’s killing the dog!” The woman cries.
Coral Springs Police Detectives arrested a man on Monday evening after they say he severely beat his four month old male German Shepherd puppy.
On December 13, When officers arrived on scene they observed a four month old German Shepherd puppy named “Toby” hiding in the closet. Toby was bleeding from both of his eyes, his nose, and mouth. Officers stated his left eye was swollen shut, there was swelling on top of his head, and bruising on his groin. Officers observed blood splatter all over the floor and walls of the closet. Toby was rushed to Coral Springs Animal Hospital where he received treatment for multiple injuries.
Upon completion of the investigation detectives established felony probable cause for the arrest of the owner of Toby, identified as Juan Florez, 26, of Coral Springs. He was located and arrested on December 16, and charged with animal cruelty and abuse. He was booked into Broward County Jail and held on $50,000.00 bond.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts