By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs Police are hoping residents can help identify a suspect responsible for breaking into a vehicle, stealing the victim’s wallet, and then using his credit cards at several locations.
On the evening of January 4, the victim parked his Cadillac Escalade in the parking lot of the Coral Springs LA Fitness. An hour later, the victim returned to his vehicle to find someone had gone through the interior and stolen his wallet. Investigation revealed that the victim’s credit cards were used at multiple businesses in Coral Springs. Among the businesses, was a local GameStop, where the suspect attempted to purchase a video game system, but was unsuccessful thanks to the victim’s quick actions to cancel his credit cards.
The suspect seen on GameStop surveillance video is described as a Hispanic male in his 20’s, medium build, 6’0”-6’2”, and a possible scar on his right cheek.
Police believe this subject may be responsible for multiple vehicle burglaries at gyms from Coral Springs to as far north as Jupiter.
Coral Springs Police advise that burglars often look to break into cars parked at gyms because typically gym members don’t need to bring their purses or wallets into the gym for a workout, and once inside the gym, most people will be in there for an hour or longer.
If you think you can identify the suspect, please contact Detective Paul Kempinski at 954.346.1214.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.04.18Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Pompano Beach
- Events2021.04.18No-Appointment Needed Vaccination Sites Offered at 9 Broward County Locations
- Events2021.04.18Coral Springs Celebrates EarthFest 2021 and Street Clean Up
- Events2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20