By: Matt Rothman
It should be another exciting set of high school football in Parkland and Coral Springs Friday night with all five local teams in action.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas vs. Coral Springs
Marjory Stoneman Douglas and Coral Springs High School compete in the Pig Bowl on Friday, October 29, at 7 p.m. Both teams are coming off of victories in their last game.
MSD defeated South Plantation High School 33-7 to improve their record to 3-3, while CSHS beat West Boca Raton Community High School 47-20. The Eagles have won the last six head-to-head meetings, but this will be the first matchup between Head Coaches Quentin Short and Ian Headley.
Coral Glades vs. Coral Springs Charter
Coral Glades and Coral Springs Charter will face off in another rivalry game on Friday, October 29, at 7 p.m. The Jaguars played their best game of the season a week ago against Cypress Bay High School in their 42-6 victory for their fifth of the season.
The Panthers, who also have five victories this year, played a terrific game against Somerset Academy, which ended in a 34-34 tie due to darkness. CSC fell 34-14 in their lone meeting last season with the Jaguars to begin the year.
J.P. Taravella has another chance to pick up their first win of the season when they play Cypress Bay High School. The Trojans have struggled throughout the season and have been outscored 410-29 through their first eight games of the season. The kickoff is set for Friday, October 29, at 7 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.1812 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2022.05.18Stephanie Basso’s 3 Home Run Game Leads CSC Softball to Regional Final
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter
- News2022.05.167 Coral Springs Athletes Reach Podium in Track and Field State Championship