By: Matt Rothman
There was plenty of High School football in Coral Springs Friday night with Marjory Stoneman Douglas, Coral Springs High School, Coral Glades, and J.P. Taravella all in action. However, all four teams didn’t have the ending they hoped for.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas
Marjory Stoneman Douglas: 2 – Deerfield Beach: 29
It started so well for the Eagles on homecoming with a 75-yard kickoff return from Christian Spencer to start the game, but Deerfield Beach was solid defensively and handed the Eagles their first loss of the season, 29-2. The only points in the game scored by MSD came on a safety in the third quarter. The Eagles will return to action on Friday, October 1 at 6:30 against Boca Raton High School.
Coral Springs High School
Coral Springs: 0 – Monarch: 26
Coral Springs High School moved to 0-3 after their loss to Monarch. The Colts continue to struggle offensively and have only 6 points through their first 12 quarters this season. Next, CSHS will play Fort Lauderdale High School on Friday, September 24, at 7 p.m.
Coral Glades: 0 – Western: 44
Playing only their second game of the season after having one postponed due to COVID:19, the Jaguars fell to Western High School 44-0. Next, the Jaguars will return home to face Tampa Catholic on Friday, September 24, at 7 p.m.
J.P. Taravella: 3 – Monarch: 19
The tough start for the J.P. Taravella football team continued Friday night with their loss to Charles W. Flanagan High School 19-3. The Trojans are now 0-4 and, like CSHS, have struggled offensively, with only one touchdown the season and ten total points. They will look for their first win on Thursday, September 23, at Piper at 7 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 20244 Local High School Baseball Teams Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Rivalry Matchups Highlight Eventful Week of Athletics in Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator