By: Jill Fox
There may not be leaves changing color, but there is undoubtedly some orange on the ground. Pumpkin patches have popped up in some areas of Parkland and Coral Springs.
For those ready for some South Florida style fall fun, the pumpkin sale at Parkridge Church, located at 5600 Coral Ridge Drive, is a Parkland favorite. Hours are Monday through Friday, from 3:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturdays and Sundays, from 9:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. For more information, call 954-346-9009.
Cherry Smash is getting in on the excitement with their Pumpkin Patch, and it’s open late. All proceeds will benefit Coral Springs Community Chest Charities. Located at 8000 Wiles Road in Coral Springs, hours are Mondays through Thursdays, from 12 p.m. to 10 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays, from 12 p.m. to 11 p.m. and Sundays, from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m. For more information, call 954-346-0999.
First United Methodist Church Boca Raton, located on the corner of Glades Road and Lyons Road, has a pumpkin patch open every day from 10:00 a.m to 7:00 p.m. Call 561-395-1244 for more information.
The Boca Pumpkin Patch Festival will take place on October 19 and 20, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Mizner Park Amphitheater, located at 590 Plaza Real. This festival features a variety of family activities, including a pumpkin patch with 2,500 pumpkins to pick from. Admission is $20 for everyone two years and older. For more information, visit bocapumpkinpatch.com.
For a traditional looking pumpkin patch, Bedner’s Farm at 10066 Lee Road in Boynton Beach is open every day but Tuesday. On weekends from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., their fall festival offers hayrides, a corn maze, pony rides, a petting zoo, and much more. For more information, call 561-733-5490 or visit bedners.com/events.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 6.
- News2020.05.31Countywide Curfew Issued Due to Ongoing Civil Unrest
- Schools2020.05.31Summit Academy Charter School Celebrates First Graduating Class
- News2020.05.28Coral Springs Fire Department Chaplain’s 22-year-old Son in Car Crash
- News2020.05.14Coral Springs Charter School Drama Students Takes their Talents Online