By: Matt Rothman
Before the game, Justin Rivera, Tony Sanders, Dalton Juden, Hunter Zeltner, Matthew Zeff, Colby Lipovsky, and Luis Rodriguez were all honored as the seniors were a big part all season as well as Thursday night’s win.
“Tonight is about honoring these seven seniors and their families as their high school baseball careers are coming to an end next month,” Head Coach Joe Giummule said. “I want to thank all the seniors and their families for representing Taravella High School and the baseball program with Trojan pride.”
Zeff made the start before Lipovsky came in and struck out six in two innings on the mound. Juden recorded the three outs as well.
Offensively, Rivera and Rodriguez combined to drive in six runs. Zeltner and Matt Rubin each drove in two while Lipovsky, Vincent Samuel, Zeff, and Tony Sanders had RBI’s.
Up next, The Trojans will play the winner of the Coral Glades and Piper High School on Tuesday, April 27 at 7 p.m. in the District semifinals.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 8, 202310 Coral Springs Athletes Selected to BCAA All-Star Football Game
- NewsDecember 4, 20232 Local Rivals Clash; Basketball, Soccer and Wrestling Season Underway
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Coral Glades Basketball and Soccer Teams Face Mixed Fortunes in Recent Matchups
- NewsNovember 26, 2023High School Basketball in Coral Springs Tips-Off on Black Friday