By: Matt Rothman
After a tremendous regular season for J.P. Taravella boy’s soccer, the season ended Wednesday night after their 1-0 loss to Gulf Coast High School.
JPT conceded a goal in the first half, and despite some scoring chances throughout were unable to get the equalizer and finished the season 8-5-2.
While the loss is disappointing, JPT won eight games for the first time since the 2015-16 season. They had some impressive wins earlier this year against Marjory Stoneman Douglas and Coral Springs Charter School and have shown that they can compete with any teams in the region.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.11.28Coral Springs Charter Football Advances to Playoffs For 2nd Time in School History
- News2020.11.28Coral Glades Football Advances to Playoffs for the First Time in School History
- News2020.11.27Coral Glades Colton Eisenberg Donates Dollars for Charity with Every Successful Kick
- News2020.11.255 Taravella High School Bowlers Roll a Successful Season