By: Matt Rothman
After a tremendous regular season for J.P. Taravella boy’s soccer, the season ended Wednesday night after their 1-0 loss to Gulf Coast High School.
JPT conceded a goal in the first half, and despite some scoring chances throughout were unable to get the equalizer and finished the season 8-5-2.
While the loss is disappointing, JPT won eight games for the first time since the 2015-16 season. They had some impressive wins earlier this year against Marjory Stoneman Douglas and Coral Springs Charter School and have shown that they can compete with any teams in the region.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.09.08Gavin Conticello: Coral Springs Charter School’s Sensational Senior
- News2020.07.07Coral Springs Resident Coby Mayo Inks Deal with Baltimore Orioles
- News2020.06.17Eric Windell Named Coral Springs Charter Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
- News2020.06.12Coral Springs’ Coby Mayo Drafted by Major League Baseball