By: Matt Rothman
Coral Glades High School boys basketball had a busy start to the week picking up wins over Olympic Heights and Flanagan High School.
In their game against Olympic Heights on Monday, the Jaguars were led by Marcus Lewis, who had 19 points in their 75-60 win. Karim Nelson was the only other Jaguar to score in double figures, but both Dominic Brooks and A.J. Ruiz each had nine points.
On Tuesday, Lewis once again led the team with 17 points, and Georden Rodgers had one of his best games all season with 14 points. Ruiz added 13 and had a team-high six assists and two steals as they won 72-54.
“The boys did what they were supposed to do,” said Head Coach Nicolas Carr. “Put work in and get the results you deserve.”
Through 17 games, Coral Glades is now 12-5 on the season and will be playing Cardinal Gibbons on Thursday, January 30, at 7 p.m. in Coral Springs.
Cardinal Gibbons has won 11 of their 20 games this season and defeated the Jaguars last season at home.
Following that, they will play their final game of the regular season at home against Monarch High School on February 4, at 7:30 p.m.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.11.18Coral Springs Quarterback Tyler Goodman Honored With Perseverance Award in College
- News2021.11.18Coral Springs Charter Girls Soccer Wins 4th Game in a Row Wednesday Night
- News2021.11.18J.P. Taravella Girls Soccer Team Holds Car Wash This Weekend
- News2021.11.17Hines Scores Twice Leading Coral Glades Boys Soccer to 1st Win