By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Spring Boy’s basketball team has had a tough season, but have picked up their play of late and defeated Plantation High School 80-53 Wednesday night.
With the win, the Colts improved their record to 4-16. However, Head Coach Jarrett Williams believes his team is getting better daily.
“Our record hasn’t been great, but I think we are getting better,” said Williams. “I am really excited for playoffs. Our team has undergone a lot of changes, and we are trying to learn and grow through all the changes.
Leading the team this season has been Artie Rashford and Jonathan Fils. However, it was Ralph Fenelson who set the tone against Plantation.
One theme throughout this season has been their close losses — losing by less than 15 points ten times, and four games they lost by three points or less with one of those games coming in overtime.
Their wins have become much more decisive with their average margin of victory of 13. The Colts won their first game of the season against MacArthur High School and have also defeated Piper and St. Thomas Aquinas prior to their win over Plantation.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.22J.P. Taravella Boys Soccer Hosts Senior Night on Thursday
- News2022.01.22Seniors Lead J.P. Taravella Girls Soccer into the Playoffs
- News2022.01.21Marjory Stoneman Douglas Star Offensive Lineman Aris Skarecki Makes College Pick
- News2022.01.20Jeremiah Denis Goes 8-0 for Coral Springs High School Wrestling