By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Spring Boy’s basketball team has had a tough season, but have picked up their play of late and defeated Plantation High School 80-53 Wednesday night.
With the win, the Colts improved their record to 4-16. However, Head Coach Jarrett Williams believes his team is getting better daily.
“Our record hasn’t been great, but I think we are getting better,” said Williams. “I am really excited for playoffs. Our team has undergone a lot of changes, and we are trying to learn and grow through all the changes.
Leading the team this season has been Artie Rashford and Jonathan Fils. However, it was Ralph Fenelson who set the tone against Plantation.
One theme throughout this season has been their close losses — losing by less than 15 points ten times, and four games they lost by three points or less with one of those games coming in overtime.
Their wins have become much more decisive with their average margin of victory of 13. The Colts won their first game of the season against MacArthur High School and have also defeated Piper and St. Thomas Aquinas prior to their win over Plantation.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.11.29Leonard Weaver Leads Coral Springs High School to First Playoffs in 6 Years
- News2020.11.28Coral Springs Charter Football Advances to Playoffs For 2nd Time in School History
- News2020.11.28Coral Glades Football Advances to Playoffs for the First Time in School History
- News2020.11.27Coral Glades Colton Eisenberg Donates Dollars for Charity with Every Successful Kick