By: Matt Rothman
J.P. Taravella High School girl’s lacrosse team has had a pair of winning seasons in the past two years are off to a great start at 2-0 this year.
The Trojans faced off against West Broward High School and won 8-3 before their 13-3-win Thursday night against Pompano Beach.
In game number one, Remy Simpson led the team with three goals. Vicky Mann added a pair, and goaltender Priscilla Santos had a 75 save percentage in the win. Desira Dore, though won the game ball for outstanding defense throughout the game.
Then in their next game Thursday night, Celina Saunders scored seven goals with Mann again chipping in two. Santos made three saves for her second win of the season.
JPT is coming off a season where they went 12-2 before they lost to Marjory Stoneman Doulas in their final game.
The three goals allowed were a common trend that season as they play excellent defense. In seven of their 12 wins last year, they held their opponents to three goals or less.
Up next, the Trojans will travel to Immokalee High School for a matchup on Saturday, February 22, at 10 a.m. They will be coming off an exciting 14-13 win in their last game and are 1-1 on the season.
Following that, they will return home to Coral Springs to face both Fort Lauderdale High School February 27th and South Plantation High School on March 5.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.07.21J.P. Taravella’s All-County Outfielder Luis Rodriguez Makes His College Choice
- News2021.07.19Coral Springs Girls Travel Basketball Team Ranks Number 1 in the State
- News2021.07.16Coral Springs Native Caleb Roberts Selected in 5th Round of MLB Draft
- News2021.07.16J.P. Taravella Grad Jack Sinclair Drafted in 16th Round of MLB Draft