By: Matt Rothman
J.P. Taravella High School girl’s lacrosse team has had a pair of winning seasons in the past two years are off to a great start at 2-0 this year.
The Trojans faced off against West Broward High School and won 8-3 before their 13-3-win Thursday night against Pompano Beach.
In game number one, Remy Simpson led the team with three goals. Vicky Mann added a pair, and goaltender Priscilla Santos had a 75 save percentage in the win. Desira Dore, though won the game ball for outstanding defense throughout the game.
Then in their next game Thursday night, Celina Saunders scored seven goals with Mann again chipping in two. Santos made three saves for her second win of the season.
JPT is coming off a season where they went 12-2 before they lost to Marjory Stoneman Doulas in their final game.
The three goals allowed were a common trend that season as they play excellent defense. In seven of their 12 wins last year, they held their opponents to three goals or less.
Up next, the Trojans will travel to Immokalee High School for a matchup on Saturday, February 22, at 10 a.m. They will be coming off an exciting 14-13 win in their last game and are 1-1 on the season.
Following that, they will return home to Coral Springs to face both Fort Lauderdale High School February 27th and South Plantation High School on March 5.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.02.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Wins 1st Game With Strong Offense
- News2021.02.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Incredible Run Ends at States
- News2021.02.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boy’s Lacrosse Off to Outstanding 3-1 Start
- News2021.02.27Coral Springs High School Boys Basketball Complete Remarkable Season