By: Matt Rothman
After a terrific regular season, the J.P. Taravella girls soccer played a solid game against Western High School but fell in the District Semifinals 2-1.
Allyssia Merisier scored the lone goal assisted Alicia Victoria, but Western scored with two minutes left to move on to the finals.
“It was a hard-fought game by both teams, but unfortunately, we did not come out on top of this game,” said Head Coach Kathy Fitzgerald. “We had multiple opportunities to score, but we couldn’t finish tonight.”
While a District title automatically qualifies teams for regionals, JPT still has an opportunity to continue their season next month They finished sixth in the region and will await other District Championships this week before they find out.
If their season is over, it will be a third straight year over ten or more wins. The Coral Springs team should be proud of their quality wins over Marjory Stoneman Douglas, Coral Glades, and Pompano Beach.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.11.233 Taravella Baseball Players Sign with Colleges
- News2020.11.21Coral Springs High School Football Team Finish Regular Season with 53-0 Win
- News2020.11.21Coral Glades High School Football Wins Final Regular Season Game
- News2020.11.153 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Players Sign with College Teams