By: Matt Rothman
After a terrific regular season, the J.P. Taravella girls soccer played a solid game against Western High School but fell in the District Semifinals 2-1.
Allyssia Merisier scored the lone goal assisted Alicia Victoria, but Western scored with two minutes left to move on to the finals.
“It was a hard-fought game by both teams, but unfortunately, we did not come out on top of this game,” said Head Coach Kathy Fitzgerald. “We had multiple opportunities to score, but we couldn’t finish tonight.”
While a District title automatically qualifies teams for regionals, JPT still has an opportunity to continue their season next month They finished sixth in the region and will await other District Championships this week before they find out.
If their season is over, it will be a third straight year over ten or more wins. The Coral Springs team should be proud of their quality wins over Marjory Stoneman Douglas, Coral Glades, and Pompano Beach.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.08.04Ryan Scanlon: A Coral Springs Resident Who Continues to Beat the Odds
- News2021.08.01Coral Springs Native Brett Roberts: A Name to Remember
- News2021.07.27J.P. Taravella Pitcher Jack Sinclair Signs First Pro Contract
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft