By: Matt Rothman
The J.P. Taravella softball team began their season Monday afternoon and earned a thrilling 12-11 win over Deerfield Beach High School.
Destiny Tizol earned the win in the mound and Mya Barrios went four for five with a triple and also had the game-winning run.
“It was a great team effort to come back and win in the bottom of the seventh,” said Head Coach Greg Mason. “We are a young team and getting better every day.”
The Trojans had not played in nearly a year as they had their 2020 season cut short due to COVID-19. JPT went 0-6, which meant Monday’s win was their first victory since April 11, 2019, when the Trojans defeated Plantation High School.
They will also face a very challenging softball schedule this season. JPT will not play again until Tuesday, March 2, but will have games Pompano Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Monarch, Marjory Stoneman Douglas, and Nova High School this season.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.283 Coral Springs Baseball Players 4A State Champions For North Broward Prep
- News2021.05.22CHAMPIONS AGAIN: Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins 2nd State Championship in 6 Years
- News2021.05.21BREAKING: Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball 1 Win Away From State Championship
- News2021.05.16J.P. Taravella Baseball’s Unforgettable Season Ends in Regional Final