By: Matt Rothman
The J.P. Taravella softball team began their season Monday afternoon and earned a thrilling 12-11 win over Deerfield Beach High School.
Destiny Tizol earned the win in the mound and Mya Barrios went four for five with a triple and also had the game-winning run.
“It was a great team effort to come back and win in the bottom of the seventh,” said Head Coach Greg Mason. “We are a young team and getting better every day.”
The Trojans had not played in nearly a year as they had their 2020 season cut short due to COVID-19. JPT went 0-6, which meant Monday’s win was their first victory since April 11, 2019, when the Trojans defeated Plantation High School.
They will also face a very challenging softball schedule this season. JPT will not play again until Tuesday, March 2, but will have games Pompano Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Monarch, Marjory Stoneman Douglas, and Nova High School this season.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.26J.P. Taravella Duo Posts Historic Numbers for Boys Basketball Team
- News2022.01.26Coral Springs High School Girls Soccer Wins Opening Playoff Game
- News2022.01.25Coral Glades Girls Basketball Wins by 24 on Senior Night
- News2022.01.25Coral Springs Charter Boys Basketball Team Wins 2nd Game This Season