By: Sharon Aron Baron
Congratulations to Coral Springs High School Air Force JROTC Unit for being honored with the 2019/20 U.S. Airforce JROTC Distinguished Unit with Merit Award.
The award recognizes Air Force JROTC units have performed above and beyond normal expectations and have distinguished themselves through outstanding service to their school and community while meeting the Air Force JROTC citizen development mission for America.
USAF Colonel Stephen Sanders wrote in a congratulatory letter, “The award recognizes the personal growth and accomplishments of the cadets, contributions of the instructors as mentors and the support of the school and local community.”
He added, units receiving “the Distinguished Unit Award with Merit are limited to the very best of the best of our nation’s 890 Air Force JROTC units.”
Currently, there are 890 Air Force JROTC units in high schools across the United States and at selected schools in Europe, the Pacific and Puerto Rico.
Coral Springs High is one of only 79 units achieving this recognition, placing its program in the top 10 percent in the nation.
The objectives of the Air Force JROTC program are to educate and train high school cadets in citizenship and life skills; promote community service; instill responsibility, character, and self-discipline through character education; and provide instruction in air and space fundamentals.
Broward County Public Schools is home to the largest JROTC program in the country, which includes nearly 7,000 cadets in 30 high schools and eight middle schools. In addition, District JROTC cadets continually earn state championship titles and received more than $25 million in scholarships for colleges, universities and military academies last year. The JROTC programs have a 99 percent graduation rate.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.28Coral Springs Hopes for a Little Holiday Magic with Home Decor Contest
- News2020.11.28Coral Springs Holds Virtual Tree-Lighting Ceremony
- News2020.11.27Sawgrass Nature Center Holds 4th Annual Orchid Festival
- News2020.11.26City Distributes 350 Thanksgiving Turkeys to Coral Springs Residents in Need