Go Green while donating some green at a fundraiser to help emerging leaders and entrepreneurs enrolled in business clubs at local schools.
Hosted by the The Coral Springs Chamber Leadership Institute Class of 2015, this will be their first ever “Leprechaun Jig”, to raise funds for the DECA and BPA Clubs at: Marjory Stoneman Douglas, Coral Glades, Coral Springs, JP Taravella and Coral Springs Charter High Schools. These programs help students with future careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management.
Formerly, the Chamber of Commerce had an education foundation that gave out scholarships to one or two students each year. Chairman Bruce Weinberg said that opposed to giving funds away to a few students, they decided to spread out the funds to the DECA and BPA clubs at the five local high schools. “They are the future leaders of our community.” The funds help the clubs cover costs to get to their State competitions which can be expensive for many parents.
Held at the Country Club of Coral Springs on Saturday, March 14, 2015 from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m., the event will feature 80’s rock music by Soulicide along with games, Irish food, and a cash bar.
Besides being the Chairman, Weinberg runs his own accounting firm which is the lead sponsor for the event.
“If you’re not going to help out the future leaders of tomorrow, who are you going to help out? “
The event is open to the public and the entry fee, if bought online, is $25 and $35 at the door. All proceeds go to the local high school DECA and BPA programs. Buy Tickets Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20
- News2021.04.14Coral Springs Man Catches Unbelievable Video of Meteor
- News2021.04.14J&J Appointment Canceled? Broward Health has a solution
- News2021.04.13City of Coral Springs Live-Streams 33rd Annual National Day of Prayer