By Kevin Deutsch
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives arrested a Coral Springs man for murder Wednesday following a road rage killing in Tamarac, authorities said.
Melvin Foster, 52, of the 10900 block of N.W. 38th Court, is charged with second-degree murder after fatally shooting an adult male victim Wednesday in the 8400 block of West Commercial Boulevard, deputies said.
He was being held at the Broward County Main Jail Thursday on a $250,000 bond.
At approximately 9:45 a.m. Wednesday, BSO Tamarac deputies responded to the block for a shooting call. At the scene, detectives found the victim, an adult male whose name was not made public, suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest.
Preliminary investigation revealed that, before the shooting, Foster was driving a 2015 Toyota Tundra westbound on Commercial Boulevard. The victim was driving a 2018 Ford Mustang in the same direction. At some point, the men had an altercation, deputies said.
Foster took out a gun and shot it into the victim’s vehicle, fatally wounding him, according to BSO.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue airlifted the victim to Broward Health Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
Foster, who remained on scene, was taken into custody and charged, deputies said.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2021.08.03Broward Schools Backtrack on Mask Mandate After Governor’s Order
- News2021.08.02Coral Springs Woman Charged in Killing Sent to Halfway House
- Crime & Safety2021.08.01Coral Springs Police Officer Charged With Battery
- Crime & Safety2021.07.31Technology Designed To Thwart Mass Shooters Now Active in Coral Springs