By: Sharon Aron Baron
Join the Marjory Stoneman Douglas Drama department for their production of the Tony Award-winning musical Fiddler on the Roof.
Fiddler on the Roof takes place in Russia the early 1900’s where Tevye, a Jewish milkman, sees his three eldest daughters married, each one moving further from their traditional ways. Along with this, he must cope with the growing anti-Jewish sentiment in his country.
The original Broadway production of the show, which opened in 1964, was the first musical in history to surpass 3,000 performances. Fiddler on the Roof held the record for the longest-running Broadway musical for almost 10 years until Grease surpassed its run. It remains Broadway’s sixteenth longest-running show in history.
Performed by the Marjory Stoneman Douglas Drama Department, Fiddler on the Roof stars Alex Wind as Tevye; Sawyer Garitty as Golde; Sofie Whitney as Tzietel; and Bailey Feuerman as Yente.
The show will be for three nights only: November 2 – 4 at 7 p.m. Tickets online now, at douglashigh.seatyourself.biz $8 for students $13 for adults.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas is a Broward County Public School for students in Coral Springs and Parkland located at 5901 Pine Island Rd Parkland, FL 33076.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive