By Sharon Aron Baron
There is just something so undeniably wonderful about a big bowl of hot, creamy, gooey macaroni and cheese.
The fast-casual cheese bar, I ? Mac & Cheese, which debuted last year in Fort Lauderdale is opening up three new restaurants, including one in Coral Springs.
I ? Mac & Cheese specializes in custom, build-your-own macaroni & cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches starting at $7.95. Diners can choose from a variety of pastas or bread, including gluten-free, along with seven different types of cheeses, vegetables and seven proteins ($2.95 each) like meatballs, bacon, ground beef, short ribs and crispy chicken.
“Bringing our twist on the old pastime mac and cheese has really been a labor of love,” said Hector Gonzalez, Fort Lauderdale store manager. “I’ve loved mac and cheese since I was a kid. Who doesn’t love mac and cheese?”
There is also a signature menu featuring options such as The Cuban with mojo marinated pulled pork, ham, Gruyere cheese and dill pickles; The Best of Both Worlds, a baked mac and cheese sandwich with slow-cooked short rib, white cheddar cheese and American cheese finished with BBQ Sauce; and Lobster & White Truffle consisting of Maine lobster, muenster cheese and scallions finished with lobster cream and white truffle oil.
Also on the menu: salads, baked bites ($4.95) filled with chicken and macaroni and cheese. Loaded baked tater tots are stuffed with cheese, bacon, scallions and ranch sauce. New to the menu are frozen cheesecake pops ($2.45) dipped in strawberry, chocolate or caramel sauce, cheesecake in a cup and mini chocolate chip cookies.
The Coral Springs restaurant is set to open mid-December at University Place at City Center on University Drive just south of Sample Road.
First, they will be opening in November in Parkland at the Parkland Commons on University and Trails End Road, then in Pembroke Pines at the Westfork Plaza.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.05.17Official 2021/22 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar
- News2021.05.17Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution May 19, Volunteers Needed
- News2021.05.16Winner of Coral Springs Talk Cover Photo Contest Announced
- News2021.05.14City of Coral Springs Honors Nurses and Volunteers from COVID19 Vaccine Site