By: Matt Rothman
Ryan Spallina threw three touchdown passes and now has five this season. It started with Spallina connecting from seven yards out to Alex Brotton to tie the game at seven. Matthew Wilson rushed for a ten-yard touchdown for his second this season before Robbie Alhadeff kicked a field goal making it 17-14.
Christian Spencer added a 43-yard touchdown and Clayton Cannon II caught a 65-yard pass from Spallina. The Eagles pitched a shutout in the second half and recorded a safety as well. Collin Keough and Trevin Mullen each recorded interceptions in the teams’ second win this season
“It was a great team victory,” said head Coach Quentin Short. “Our kids just kept fighting. Great team with relentless effort.”
Up next, MSD will return home for their next two games. They start on Friday, September 10 against West Broward High School at 7 p.m. before they host Deerfield Beach High School the following week.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Springs Athletes Shine in Wrestling Tournaments and Lacrosse Matches
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Former Coral Springs Charter Pitcher Brianna Godfrey Nearly Perfect in Debut With Maryland