By: Matt Rothman
The Eagles scored quickly and often as they had a historic performance from Molly Conn as she registered a hat trick within the first 40 minutes of the game.
“It made me really proud to be able to help lead my team to the district finals,” said Conn.
Emily Burke scored a pair of goals while Mia Engelbart, Raquel Alvarado, Francesca Lozano all scored.
With the big win, MSD was able to play get many girls into the game, including all four of their extremely talented freshmen, including Lily Conn, Layla Segelnick, Arizel Corniel, and Morgan Goldman, who recorded an assist on the Eagles eighth goal of the game.
“It was a great team effort tonight, and we are super excited for the opportunity to be playing for a District Title,” said Head Coach Laura Rountree.
The Parkland team will play in the District Final against Coral Glades on Monday, February 8 at 5 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.03.04Coral Springs Charter Legendary Softball Coach Mark Montimurro Wins 500th Career Game
- News2021.03.04Coral Springs High School Girl’s Flag Football Team Win Big in First Game
- News2021.03.04Coral Glades Star Running Back Keshawn Barrett Signs with University
- News2021.02.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Wins 1st Game With Strong Offense