By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas girl’s soccer team picked up a dominating 6-1 win over Coral Springs High School on Monday night to advance to the District Finals.
The Eagles scored three goals in both the first and second half and were led by Krystina Masihy third hat-trick of the season. Chloe Rodgers, Francesca Lozano, and Katelyn Gomez scored the other three goals as the Eagles move to 9-4-2 on the season.
“It was a great team effort,” said Head Coach Laura Rountree. “We knocked the ball around nicely tonight and scored some nice goals.”
With the win, MSD will face Coral Glades in the District Final on Wednesday, February 5, at 6 p.m. in Coral Springs. These two teams met earlier this season with the Eagles winning 5-0.
They won the district tournament last season and hope to make a run into Regionals this year if they win their next game.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville. He has also worked for the Naples Herald, Collier Sports Insider and was an assistant sports editor for his school newspaper.
- News2021.02.24J.P. Taravella Boys Lacrosse Celebrate First Win Since 2019
- News2021.02.24Vargas Shines on the Mound in Coral Springs Charter’s First Win of 2021
- News2021.02.24Coral Springs High School Football Star Delvontae Bouie Commits to Division I Program
- News2021.02.24Christie’s Walk-Off Hit Leads Coral Glades Softball to First Win