By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas girl’s soccer team picked up a dominating 6-1 win over Coral Springs High School on Monday night to advance to the District Finals.
The Eagles scored three goals in both the first and second half and were led by Krystina Masihy third hat-trick of the season. Chloe Rodgers, Francesca Lozano, and Katelyn Gomez scored the other three goals as the Eagles move to 9-4-2 on the season.
“It was a great team effort,” said Head Coach Laura Rountree. “We knocked the ball around nicely tonight and scored some nice goals.”
With the win, MSD will face Coral Glades in the District Final on Wednesday, February 5, at 6 p.m. in Coral Springs. These two teams met earlier this season with the Eagles winning 5-0.
They won the district tournament last season and hope to make a run into Regionals this year if they win their next game.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.16J.P. Taravella Baseball’s Unforgettable Season Ends in Regional Final
- News2021.05.15Ordonez’s Walk-Off Home Run Wins Regionals for Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball
- News2021.05.14Coral Springs Charter Baseball Memorable Season Ends in Regional Semifinals
- News2021.05.14Coral Springs Charter Softball Falls Short of 6th Straight State Championship