By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Glades girl’s soccer team continued their excellent season with a 3-2 win in the District semifinals over Monarch High School on Monday night.
Athena Chitty scored two goals, and Victoria Fuentes had the game-winner in a tight game.
“I am proud of our ladies and the tenacity that they showed,” said Head Coach Richard Denny. “They came back from 0-1 down and then again from 1-2 down to win the game.”
With the win, the Jaguars move to 8-6 on the season and have won four of their last five games. In those wins, Coral Glades offense has been incredible, scoring 21 goals in the four games.
Up next, they will have a steep challenge with the Marjory Stoneman Douglas soccer team in the District Finals on February 5 at 6.p.m. at Coral Glades High School in Coral Springs.
These two teams faced off earlier this season with MSD winning 5-0. The Eagles are also coming off an impressive 6-1 win in their semifinal game and have been the most dominant team in the District so far this season at 9-4-2.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.09.08Gavin Conticello: Coral Springs Charter School’s Sensational Senior
- News2020.07.07Coral Springs Resident Coby Mayo Inks Deal with Baltimore Orioles
- News2020.06.17Eric Windell Named Coral Springs Charter Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
- News2020.06.12Coral Springs’ Coby Mayo Drafted by Major League Baseball