By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Glades girl’s soccer team continued their excellent season with a 3-2 win in the District semifinals over Monarch High School on Monday night.
Athena Chitty scored two goals, and Victoria Fuentes had the game-winner in a tight game.
“I am proud of our ladies and the tenacity that they showed,” said Head Coach Richard Denny. “They came back from 0-1 down and then again from 1-2 down to win the game.”
With the win, the Jaguars move to 8-6 on the season and have won four of their last five games. In those wins, Coral Glades offense has been incredible, scoring 21 goals in the four games.
Up next, they will have a steep challenge with the Marjory Stoneman Douglas soccer team in the District Finals on February 5 at 6.p.m. at Coral Glades High School in Coral Springs.
These two teams faced off earlier this season with MSD winning 5-0. The Eagles are also coming off an impressive 6-1 win in their semifinal game and have been the most dominant team in the District so far this season at 9-4-2.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.08.04Ryan Scanlon: A Coral Springs Resident Who Continues to Beat the Odds
- News2021.08.01Coral Springs Native Brett Roberts: A Name to Remember
- News2021.07.27J.P. Taravella Pitcher Jack Sinclair Signs First Pro Contract
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft