By: Sharon Aron Baron
Greek gods, demigods, half-man/half-goat, and mythological monsters will all be on stage in Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School’s musical concert version of The Lightning Thief: The Percy Jackson Musical – and tickets are on sale now.
Based on the best-selling novel by Rick Riordan, it’s an action-packed theatrical adventure that has been celebrated by audiences and critics alike.
The Lightning Thief follows young Percy Jackson, who discovers is Poseidon, the god of the sea. This makes Percy a demigod (half mortal, half god) and, therefore, quite attractive to monsters. Percy is led to Camp Half Blood, a haven for other kids like him, where he is sent on a quest. Zeus, the god of the sky, is under the impression that Percy has stolen his magical lightning bolt and Percy is tasked with finding the bolt and clearing his name. His quest takes him to the Underworld all the way in Los Angeles, where he and his friends, Grover and Annabeth, must work together to defeat and outwit monsters, Ares, and the god of death himself.
Directed by drama teacher Melody Hertzfeld, special thanks goes to Joe Tracz and Rob Rokicki, along with TheatreWorks USA for allowing Douglas Drama to perform this production.
Showtimes are Thursday, April 25 and Friday April 26 at 6:30 p.m. Coral Springs residents can purchase tickets at douglashigh.seatyourself.biz; all tickets are $15. Cash only at the door.
Held at the auditorium at Marjory Stoneman Douglas located at 5901 Pine Island Rd in Parkland.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2019.11.16Tiny Meat Gang: The Global Domination Tour Heads to Coral Springs
- News2019.11.143 Coral Springs Schools Earn Five-Star Award from Florida Department of Education
- News2019.11.14New Building May Offer Fresh Beginning at Marjory Stoneman Douglas
- Crime & Safety2019.11.13Sheriff Gregory Tony Announces Campaign Kick-off Fundraiser