By: Claire Cornish
Athens is a five-year-old chunky guy with a seemingly limitless sense of fun and a knack for turning anyone’s frown upside down.
Athens is a strong boy, but great on a leash listens well and is always open to learning new things, whether they involve commands, toys, or simply chasing a ball around the yard. After spending Christmas and the holidays at the shelter, he is hoping that the New Year brings with it a brand new home, and his new year resolution is to be the best pup imaginable for his new forever family.
He is very friendly and relaxed around both familiar people and strangers, which makes going out for lunch or hitting the park a very and worry-free experience.
Athens says to Coral Springs residents: “Let me be your new best friend to start the new year off right!”
His ID# is A2053139, and he is at the Broward County Animal Care and Adoption, 2400 SW 42nd Street, Fort Lauderdale. Open Tuesday – Sunday 11:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Claire Cornish is a freelance writer, half marathon runner, and volunteer at Broward County Animal Care & Adoption. She is the proud mom of Callie the Labrador and a proud sister of Simon the Labrador mix.
- Events2020.09.14Atticus is Well-Mannered, a Shelter Favorite, and Needs a Home
- News2020.09.07After an Unhappy Life, This Good Boy Hasn’t Had a Reason to Wag his Tail
- News2020.09.01This Good Boy is Mellow and Calm and Would Love to Meet Your Family
- News2020.08.25This Handsome Hunk of a Pup is Still Looking for a Family