By: Claire Cornish
Penny hasn’t had the best life so far. She is a two-year-old mastiff-mix who arrived at the shelter with her sister, Heidi. Penny is a gentle, thoughtful girl who likes stuffed toys, rump scratches and time with her person.
Penny hasn’t had her glamor shots yet but she’s hoping that her natural beauty will shine through in her candid pictures so that her forever family will see her.
Penny likes belly rubs and would love to spend some cuddle time on the couch with you. She is a larger breed, around 75 pounds, but she knows her own size and does not pull or tug on the leash. She is hoping for a new home filled with love, hugs, and treats. A full toy box would also be a bonus. Penny’s ID number is A2006788. She is healthy and ready to go home. She would also be interested in being fostered.
Penny says to Coral Springs residents: “Please give me a chance to show you how sweet I am.”
She is at Broward County Animal Care and Adoption, 2400 SW 42nd Street, Fort Lauderdale. Open Tuesday – Sunday, 11 am – 6 pm (closed Mondays.)
- Claire Cornish is a freelance writer, half marathon runner, and volunteer at Broward County Animal Care & Adoption. She is the proud mom of Callie the Labrador and a proud sister of Simon the Labrador mix.
- Events2020.09.14Atticus is Well-Mannered, a Shelter Favorite, and Needs a Home
- News2020.09.07After an Unhappy Life, This Good Boy Hasn’t Had a Reason to Wag his Tail
- News2020.09.01This Good Boy is Mellow and Calm and Would Love to Meet Your Family
- News2020.08.25This Handsome Hunk of a Pup is Still Looking for a Family