By: Claire Cornish
Penny hasn’t had the best life so far. She is a two-year-old mastiff-mix who arrived at the shelter with her sister, Heidi. Penny is a gentle, thoughtful girl who likes stuffed toys, rump scratches and time with her person.
Penny hasn’t had her glamor shots yet but she’s hoping that her natural beauty will shine through in her candid pictures so that her forever family will see her.
Penny likes belly rubs and would love to spend some cuddle time on the couch with you. She is a larger breed, around 75 pounds, but she knows her own size and does not pull or tug on the leash. She is hoping for a new home filled with love, hugs, and treats. A full toy box would also be a bonus. Penny’s ID number is A2006788. She is healthy and ready to go home. She would also be interested in being fostered.
Penny says to Coral Springs residents: “Please give me a chance to show you how sweet I am.”
She is at Broward County Animal Care and Adoption, 2400 SW 42nd Street, Fort Lauderdale. Open Tuesday – Sunday, 11 am – 6 pm (closed Mondays.)
- Claire Cornish is a freelance writer, half marathon runner, and volunteer at Broward County Animal Care & Adoption. She is the proud mom of Callie the Labrador and a proud sister of Simon the Labrador mix.
- News2021.07.05Left at Shelter this Super-Sweet Puppy Needs TLC
- News2021.06.18Injured and in Pain as a Stray, This Good Boy Has Learned How to Be a Loving Companion
- News2021.05.26Adoption Alert: Ava’s Ready To Find Love Again After Owner Passes Away
- News2021.05.03Mistreated, Then Confiscated, This Sweet Boy is Searching for a New Family