By: Chris Brunner
The Muscular Dystrophy Association will be having a a “Lock up” fundraiser at BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse for children and adults living with the disease.
The Lock-Up is the Muscular Dystrophy Association’s premier fundraising program. These high-profile events occur all across the country at various times throughout the year. Business and community leaders agree to be “put behind bars for good,” where they utilize use their vendors, co-workers, family and friends to get donations that will go toward their “bail.”
Coral Springs resident Sarah Poehler battles with Muscular Dystrophy every day. Luckily, her days are filled with love and care from her mother Terri Lewis Poehler, who is her full-time caregiver.
“My mom helps me every single day along with my struggles, and helps me keeps my spirits up,” said Sarah.
Sarah will be putting her mother in jail and will be “wanted” by the local chapter of the Muscular Dystrophy Association, on Wednesday, December 10th at BJ’s Brew House at 1580 N University Dr, Coral Springs, FL 33071 to raise bail for local children and adults living with one of the 43 different types of muscular dystrophy (including ALS, Lou Gehrig’s disease).
Each Jailbird has weeks to raise their donations. That way, on the day of the Lock-Up event, they can enjoy the Lock-Up experience by networking with other business leaders and meeting with the individuals and families that they’re helping in their community. All funds raised by the MDA Lock-Up assist the Association in providing lifesaving research, a nationwide network of medical clinics and accessible summer camp experiences to individuals and families affected by neuromuscular diseases.
If you’d like to help. Please attend the event or make a tax-deductible donation on her page (http://www2.mda.org/goto/terripoehler1).
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Crime & Safety2022.01.276 Inch Gas Line Rupture on Wiles Road Causing Closures
- News2022.01.25Florida Press Club Awards Talk Media for Online and Community News
- Events2022.01.25Free Concerts Are Back at ‘The Walk’ on Wednesday’s in Coral Springs
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway