By: Sharon Aron Baron
One man is dead after his motorcycle collided with a car while he was traveling south on Riverside Drive in Coral Springs today.
Coral Springs Police are investigating a crash that occurred at approximately 12:00 p.m. near the 600 block of Riverside Drive. The preliminary investigation indicates that Gerard Jalbert, 51, of Fort Lauderdale, who was operating a 2013 Harley Davidson motorcycle, was traveling south on Riverside Drive when he collided with a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica driven by Bethzaida Figueras-Mitchell, 43, of North Lauderdale who was attempting to cross Riverside Drive.
Jalbert, who was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash, was air lifted to Broward Health North where he succumbed to injuries sustained in the crash. Figueras-Mitchell and her passenger, Rafaela Figueras were not injured in the crash.
Coral Springs Police are asking that anyone who witnessed the crash to contact Traffic Homicide Investigator Derek Fernandes at 954-346-1754.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs
- Events2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’
- Crime & Safety2022.01.14Coral Springs-Parkland Firefighter Who Battled Cancer Laid to Rest