By: Chris Brunner
The Coral Springs Festival of the Arts redefines Coral Springs as a cultural destination by featuring artist crafters, musical entertainment, literary seminars, chalk artists, a children’s area and much, much more.
Held on March 18 and 19, the Festival of the Arts attracts 30,000 – 40,000 people from all over the South Florida area. Held at The Walk, the event features a professional juried art and craft show with over 175 fine artisans and crafters.
This year, Coral Springs artist Chris Cruz has been chosen to be the 2017 Signature Artist. Her piece “Butterfly” was chosen from 48 works of art submitted by local area artists. “Butterfly” will represent the 2017 Festival in all marketing pieces, and be featured on the Festival’s art poster and tee shirts. The Signature Artist receives a monetary award of $500 and a free artist’s booth in the art and craft show.
Chris Cruz has been painting for over 25 years and her work “A Brand New Day” was chosen in 2011 to commemorate the 911 Anniversary and is on permanent display at the Northwest Regional Library. She is a proud member of the Broward Art Guild, Art Serve, the Goldcoast Watercolor Society, and the Coral Springs Artists Guild.
Chris is an acrylic, mixed media and watercolor painter who takes pride in painting positive and cheerful images. She loves experimenting with different mediums and styles, always trying to bring new ideas into her paintings.
A free trolley will make parking a breeze for those who park at The Coral Springs Center for the Arts at 29th Street and Coral Springs Drive.
With its tree canopy, restaurants and shops, The Walk of Coral Springs provides the perfect venue for the Festival. With something for everyone, children to seniors, art lovers to music lovers, theatre enthusiasts to literary enthusiasts, the Coral Springs Festival of the Arts is the signature event for Western Broward County.
For more information, visit www.csfoa.org
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed