By: Sharon Aron Baron
Seniors who want to settle down in Parkland have more options with the availability of two new communities. First the newly planned Four Seasons home community offers 18 home designs, and now the commission has just approved plans for a 167-unit senior living facility, offering independent and assisted living.
The Parkland City Commission just voted unanimously to approve plans for Allegro Management Company, based in St. Louis, MO., to build a senior living facility. Allegro has 10 senior living facilities in Florida including the nearest one in Boynton Beach. Their newest location will be located on Loxahatchee Road immediately west of the parcel that fronts U.S. 441/State Road 7.
Before making her decision, Parkland Mayor Christine Hunschofsky looked into the company and discovered that Allegro had received great reviews from others in the industry.
“It’s a high quality product,” said Hunschofsky. “There’s a need for it and it will be good for the city – with no impact on our schools.”
According to the city, the parcel that fronts U.S. 441/State Road 7 on the northwest corner of the intersection with Loxahatchee Road has already been prepared for construction of a Wawa convenience store. Construction of Wawa is expected to begin in Spring 2017 and construction of the Allegro senior living facility is expected to begin before the end of 2017.
Besides upscale independent living and assisted living, they will also provide memory care in the Parkland facility.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving
- News2020.11.16Coral Springs Police and Dispatch Receive National Re-Accreditation