By: Sharon Aron Baron
The faces of hunger in America are both familiar and hidden from view, yet they are all too real for the millions who struggle each year.
In fact, more than 1 in 8 Americans struggles with hunger. That’s 42.2 million people, including 13.1 million children and 5.7 million seniors. We know all too well that there are persistent myths about hunger in America, about who is hungry and why and until our nation recognizes the profound prevalence of hunger here at home, we will never be able to rally the political will required to end it.
That’s why This is Hunger has launched the public tour: powerful community engagement program that will encourage individuals to embark on a journey—one that that will challenge their beliefs about who in America struggles with hunger and why, and empower them to take action.
Congregation Kol Tikvah will be hosting “This Is Hunger,” on January 31 and February 1 where tours will be available between 2:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. and 1:00-7:00 p.m. on February 1. Open to all Coral Springs and Parkland residents. For free ticket reservations, visit thisishunger.org.
Congregation Kol Tikvah is located at 6750 N University Dr, Parkland, FL 33067.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving
- News2020.11.16Coral Springs Police and Dispatch Receive National Re-Accreditation