By: Sharon Aron Baron
Volunteers are the heart of Coral Springs, and through their caring efforts, they have given thousands of hours of service for the enrichment of our City, saving significant taxpayer dollars.
Volunteers help the City by providing important services and programs that might not normally receive funding.
Lynne Johnson epitomized the City of Coral Springs’ volunteer spirit, and was one of the first recipients of the City’s “Bridging the Gap” Awards in June 2009. After her passing in August 2009, the award was renamed in her memory.
The city is looking is currently seeking nominations for outstanding volunteers for the 2013 Lynne Johnson Award. The award is presented to the most outstanding volunteers in five categories:
- Working with youth and/or “Youth Making a Difference”
- Working with seniors and/or “Seniors Making a Difference”
- Working with youth in sports (unpaid positions, no travel teams)
- Committed to Enhancing City services (volunteers working in City departments), and
- Enhancing the lives of Coral Springs residents.
Nominees must be regularly volunteering on a weekly or monthly basis for a City sanctioned program, event, board, committee or department. A sub-committee of the City’s Customer-Involved Government Committee is responsible for coordinating the selection process.
To nominate a worthy City volunteer for the Lynne Johnson Award for Outstanding Volunteerism, please visit www.CoralSprings.org/lynnejohnson. The link will be available until Friday, March 21. The winners will be awarded publicly.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.26Nominate an Outstanding Coral Springs Business for a 2021 Excellence Award
- News2021.01.26Coral Springs Gastroenterologist Arrested After Sending Explicit Photos to a Minor
- News2021.01.26Video Shows Fiery Crash That Leaves 2 People Dead
- News2021.01.25Chicken Salad Chick Coral Springs Opens with Delicious Giveaways